Last Updated: October 06th, 2022
BY SIGNING UP TO USE THE SITE, BY CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON THE SITE, OR BY MAKING ANY OTHER USE OF THE SITE, THE CLEARSOURCE PLATFORM OR ANY OTHER SERVICES, YOU AGREE AND CONSENT TO THE PRACTICES AND POLICIES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT SIGN UP TO USE THE SITE, CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE SIGN UP FOR THE CLEARSOURCE PLATFORM OR ANY OTHER SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE.
1. Privacy Commitment and Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose personal information to operate our business and as required by law. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, or any information that identifies you as an individual, as defined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and in any applicable provincial legislation, including the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). It includes information that you provide to OGGI or that OGGI collects from any third party.
Personal information that we collect, use and disclose to and or from other sources may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email, company name, and industry. Any personal information in the custody and control of a third party or agent acting on behalf of OGGI in another province or country is subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be collected, used or disclosed without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
This Policy describes our current privacy practices. We update this Policy on an ongoing basis to ensure consumers, applicants, customers and service providers, are aware of updates to our privacy practices, to streamline those practices and to comply with applicable laws. Please visit this site regularly for updates.
OGGI may, at any time and from time to time at its sole discretion, update, revise, supplement, replace, and/or otherwise modify this Policy and/or impose new or additional rules, policies, terms, or conditions on You. Such updates, revisions, supplements, replacements, modifications, and additional rules, policies, terms, and conditions (collectively referred to as “Revised Terms“) will be effective immediately upon the Revised Terms being posted to the Site or by OGGI otherwise making them available to You (as the case may be).
In particular, when OGGI launches its vendor management and purchasing platform, OGGI will post Revised Terms governing your use of the ClearSource vendor management and purchasing platform and software to this Policy and post it to the Site, or will otherwise make them available to You. Any continued use of the Site, and/or OGGI’s ClearSource vendor management and purchasing platform, following such posting of the Revised Terms to this Policy or by OGGI otherwise making them available to You (as the case may be), will be deemed to constitute acceptance of and consent to the Revised Terms.
We are responsible for personal information in our possession or custody, as well as personal information transferred to a third party for processing. More details on our third parties are provided below under “Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention”.
4. Information We Collect, and Limiting Collection
Through the ClearSource Platform and Services and the Site, OGGI collects information about identifiable individuals (“Personal Information“) relating to use of the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services by users, which may include but may not be limited to the following information:
- demographic information that you provide us in connection with creating your Account or using the Site and the ClearSource Platform or other Services, which is not unique to you, such as your postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites;
- usage information, including the information created from your use of the ClearSource Platform or other Services and the Site, including metadata generated from and location information regarding your use of the Site and log data recording when you have used the Site;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of obtaining or receiving updates about new products, promotions and services, and/or obtaining or receiving notifications, including e-mail notifications;
- contact information and address information associated with social media and other Internet accounts that you provide to us, including web address, profile and related information associated with your social media and other Internet accounts;
- geolocation information including information about your location and time zone through which you access the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and Services; and
5. Identifying Purposes and Use of Personal Information
OGGI may use your Personal Information to (and you hereby consent to each of the following uses):
- Process your applications for setting up an Account with us or otherwise registering to use our Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services;
- provide, update, maintain, administer and operate the Site and deliver and enable your use of the ClearSource Platform or any other Services in connection with your use of the Site;
- for Personal Information relating to contractor Users and distributor Users, process RFQs and other submissions from contractor Users through the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services, and process responses and quotations from distributor Users submitted through the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services;
- provide you with offers, advertising and marketing. Your Personal Information may be used to determine your suitability, or to directly communicate with you, for targeted advertising, marketing, promotions, rewards programs, research or contests, or to notify you about OGGI-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may opt out of receiving such information by: (i) logging into your Account and disabling certain communication options; or (ii) clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from OGGI. You may see advertisements for the ClearSource Platform, our Services or the products available through the ClearSource Platform or other Services on our Site or on third-party websites, based on your online or mobile activity and information you have shared with third parties;
- develop tools and features through the use of other information to assess trends in use, search functionality, and other features of the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services;
- communicate with Users and contributors;
- set up Accounts, maintaining Accounts, and related activities;
- inform you of other products, promotions or services available from OGGI and its partners;
- deal with inquiries, complaints, submissions and feedback relating to the ClearSource Platform, the Site, and/or the Services; and
- verify compliance with agreements between you and us, including the Terms and Conditions associated with the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services.
OGGI provides the ClearSource Platform and Services as a cloud-based vendor management and purchasing platform to connect contractor Users and distributor Users, and OGGI does not review, assess, process, or approve RFQs, item listings, and other submissions through the Site and ClearSource Platform or other Services, or responses to RFQs and other submissions through the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services. OGGI offers no representation, warranty, or guarantee that RFQs or other submissions or their responses will be approved or accepted.
We may use your personal information to contact you. Your Personal Information allows us to contact you by various methods, including mail, email, SMS message, app push notification, and telephone at the contact points you have provided to us. We will contact you to respond to your questions, proactively provide you with information about your Account with us, inform you about the ClearSource Platform or our Services or products available through our Services, and update you on changes to our Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services that we provide. We may use your Personal Information to send you important updates about your application status and account opening disclosures, and to send you important or useful messages about your Account. When you communicate online or by email, you should be aware that sending information over the internet is inherently insecure, as it can be intercepted or manipulated and retransmitted.
You acknowledge and agree that we may engage other companies and individuals (“Third Party Service Providers”) to perform some or all of the Services on our behalf. These Third Party Service Providers may be provided with access to your Personal Information in order to perform the Services on our behalf. We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that all Third Party Service Providers acting on our behalf are obligated to provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information to the level of protection that we provide, including using your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to provide the Services on our behalf.
We may use your personal information to identify you on third-party platforms you already use (such as Facebook and Twitter) and provide you with ads through their marketing platforms. We may also use your information to identify you on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Google), and then use the algorithms of those platforms to find other people with similar characteristics.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information: (i) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or (subject to confidentiality restrictions) during the due diligence process, in accordance with applicable law; and (ii) if OGGI or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets, in accordance with applicable law.
If you apply for a product or service, communicate with us, or provide personal information to us in any way, you acknowledge your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such personal information as you provide to us or that we otherwise collect as set out in this Policy and applicable laws. If we want to use your personal information for a purpose that was not disclosed at the time of initial consent, consent will be sought at the time of this new purpose.
Updating consent. Subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you can, with reasonable notice to us, withdraw your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, other than the collection, use, and disclosure which is required for us to maintain your Account and to provide services that you sign up for and for which you were approved.
Opt out of mail, email and phone marketing. You can request that we not contact you for advertising, marketing, promotions, rewards programs, research or contests, by updating your privacy preferences associated with your Account or by otherwise updating your privacy preferences as set out herein. You should know that withdrawing your consent in these instances may result in you missing out on offers specific to your account.
To opt out of our email marketing list after you have opted in, you may use the unsubscribe link provided in any email marketing material you receive.
To update your privacy preferences outside of email marketing, you may do so by updating your privacy preferences associated with your Account, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and with subject line *Email Opt-Out*.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, or want to be notified of when they are placed, you may set your web browser to do so, if your browser so permits. If you wish to delete cookies, you may set your web browser to do so, if your browser so permits. You acknowledge and agree that if cookies are turned off or deleted, you may not be able to view certain parts of the Site or use certain of certain services available through the Site or certain features or functionalities thereof.
We take steps to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
If you believe that the personal information we have about you is not accurate or is incomplete, please contact us by updating your information through our web apps, by notifying any of our customer services lines or by email at email@example.com. If you move, change your phone number, or change your email address, you are required to update your information with us.
We use a variety of procedures and practices appropriate to the sensitivity of personal information to protect against loss, theft and unauthorized access. Access to your information is restricted to those individuals and parties who require access for the purposes set out in this Policy. For example, OGGI may secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information is transmitted to other web sites or third parties for the purposes specified above, we may also, or in the alternative, protect it through the use of encryption, such as by way of the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
While we take all reasonable measures to protect data, there is always inherent risk when providing personal information. The transmission of information and data over the Internet is inherently insecure, and there are no security systems that are completely safe or fool-proof against hacking or tampering.
You are solely responsible for controlling access to your Account(s) associated with the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services available through the Site, and maintaining the confidentiality and security of your accounts and related password information. You are entirely responsible for all activities that occur on or through your Account(s), and OGGI shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of any of your Account(s) associated with the Site, the ClearSource Platform, and the Services available through the Site.
10. Third-Party Policies and Links
The Site may include links to, and details of, third party web sites or Internet resources. Any links on the Site are provided for your convenience. OGGI does not endorse, approve of, verify, attest to, or offer any representation or warranty with OGGI as to, the accuracy of the content of such web sites that are linked or Internet resources that are linked from the Site. If you decide to leave the Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
When you click on one of those links you are contacting another web site or Internet resource that may collect information about you, including Personal Information, voluntarily or through cookies. The privacy policies of such third parties may not mirror those of OGGI, and you should review the privacy policies of web sites or Internet resources which you choose to access from the Site, so that you understand how those web sites or Internet resources collect, use and share your information. OGGI has no control over other web sites or Internet resources or their policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information, and OGGI accepts no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of third parties, including any unauthorized collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information through third party web sites or Internet resources.
11. Openness, Individual Access and Challenging Compliance
You can write to OGGI to request access to the personal information we have on file for you. We will provide you with the personal information we have, subject to certain considerations specified by law.